Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How Much Sleep?

Interesting article from Time Magazine via CNN online, with scientists talking about sleep, and how much we really need.

The article is here: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1812420,00.html?cnn=yes

It is here where I take my heroic stand. I stand for THE OPPRESSORS!!!

I stand for those brave souls who threatened Galileo with excommunication and the Inquisition because of his heretical idea that the earth revolved around the sun.

I stand for all those people in Southern enclaves who believe the earth is 7000-10,000 years old

I DISAGREE with all of those eggheads who thought the atom could be split- EVEN THOUGH THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!!!

My friends, it is time to rise up. It is time to take up the bold (but clueless) cause of Willful Ignorance, under whose mighty banner we march but keep missing our turn-off because the map is wrong, the earth is flat and there are monsters waiting to devour us at the edge of the oceans where the water falls off.

Never mind 'FACT'. Disregard 'EMPIRICAL'. If anyone utters the phrase "The evidence clearly states..." shoot them on the spot immediately. Make haste to silence any fool who tries to make sense, and do so with the weighty phrase spoken by that dude whose name I forget: 'By any means necessary.'

6 to 7 hours of sleep each night, my ass.

It is here that I will make my stand.

No comments: