Sunday, June 1, 2008

Buy, D--n You! BUY!!!!!

To all the people who have looked at our house, liked it, and then went on to buy nothing at all:


Look, I want you to know: I get it. I know exactly what you're doing, and I don't blame you because I would be doing the exact same thing if I were in your position. Moreover, if one of you ever gets the gumption to actually make an offer, I WILL be in your position in 30-60 days.

You're looking for the best house with a price that has plummeted the most so that you can get the absolute best deal. I'm with ya on that. And you probably have seen us lower the price on our house on occasion. But this is what you must know:

1. We did not get a sub-prime loan
2. We are not unemployed and struggling to make payments
3. We will NOT be selling this house for a loss
4. We are open to any offer that possesses a semblance of reality

So if you're looking for that SEO, that short sale, that foreclosure, I know of a couple of heaps about 4 or 5 miles away.

But if you want this house- and there are those of who you DO want this house- stop being a vascillating weiner or greedy opportunist and buy. Otherwise we rent this house to one of the two major corporations that are less than 8 miles away, get their corporate housing money, and keep paying the mortgage on this place. Trust me: there's about a year of bad market times, and then things will bounce back. I know you're thinking 'Let's not buy until the price drops below 300k.' Let me assure you: IT WILL NOT.

And in a year, you could have had a house for the price we were reasonably asking in 2008, but a year from now when the market stops sliding, we'll be asking 60k more than we're currently asking. And we'll get it.

So grow a pair and throw in an offer. You've got maybe a month left. We don't want the hassle of dealing with renters, which is why we're selling it. But I assure you: if we have to, we will.

And Seattle: try something new. Show the sun once or twice. It's frickin' June, for Pete's sake, and today our barbecue had to be moved indoors because it was too cold. That's just dumb.

Those are my gripes for the week. Thank you for listening.

No comments: