Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm unique. Just like everybody else in the world.

It's always seemed to me that the biggest presupposition underlying the blogging phenomenon is that one actually believes they have something worthwhile to say.

I assure you, immediately, that I do not.

As this is my first blog entry- my online de-virginization, if you will (and you will, won't you? Otherwise this will be a most disappointing endeavor) - I want to set the expectations as low as they can possibly be.

This way, it is guaranteed that I shall meet them.

Oddly enough, that's precisely how I made it through college, too.

I'm not at all certain why I'm beginning a blog, nor why I'm doing it during NATIONAL BLOGGING MONTH, for heaven's sake, making me perhaps the biggest lemming of all. I have been assured that it is fun (which so far, it has been), therapeutic (which, if true, will reduce a certain weekly expenditure and free up a certain hour -usually between 3 and 4 pm- where I am asked probing questions by a man who strangely resembles a goat) and is a sure way to make money.

Okay. That last one is a lie. No one ever said I'd make any money at this.

Regardless, I have this forum now, which will be read by all of two people (both of whom are related to me) and so I make this solemn pledge to all those who read: there will be tirades. There will be rants. There will be polemics against George Bush not simply because I hate him but because... oh, hell: yes, It's because I hate him. Nevetheless, tears will flow, laughter shall ring out, and there will be no long posts detailing what I had for lunch today. Because, as I've been warned, if you're blogging about lunch, no one cares.

Therefore, tomorrow there shall be a detailed description of what I ate for breakfast.

No comments: