Monday, December 24, 2007

Love Abounds

Christmas Eve is here.

The nieces are asleep, but I am miles away from them. We have had airplane rides and opened presents (my niece gave me coasters: she must have been talking to my wife). We bid them farewell, and drove 20 miles to the east to visit with friends.

These friends are family: Hodgiemoto and his very subdued wife Bunny, Heloo-Ha-Davie and his wife Darrr. Their daughters sleep while we wrap presents for them, telling jokes that border on raunchy (We're 5 Christians and one renegade Catholic) and relive old memories.

I love them all.

I love them.

And my wife fits in with them. And I love her.

And if I'm really prescient, I remember that this is what the season is all about.

And the Christmas season is the culmination of every blessing I have ever been given.

1 comment:

Salome said...

It was AWESOME.
I've only met these people twice and I can't imagine not knowing them. They're just terrific people.

p.s. The renegade Catholic out-drank all those wussy Christians. Kidding. But I could.

Maybe.

Sal